PMHA Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
January 25, 2021
The Portage Metropolitan Housing Authority (PMHA) cares about the health and wellness of our residents, staff, and partners. To ensure that we are taking the necessary precautions regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are monitoring information provided by our local public health officials and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We will provide periodic agency updates or status changes at www.portagehousing.org as more information becomes available. The PMHA office is open for business; however, walk-ins are not permitted. We encourage you to use the phone as the first point of contact. Paperwork, payments (rent, repayments towards debts, etc.) and other documentation should be placed in the drop slot located at the main entrance to the PMHA office.
Portage County Health District (PCHD): COVID Vaccine
Based upon state guidelines, the Portage County Health District (PCHD) is working within the Tiered Approach in connection with the COVID vaccine.
To register to receive mailed information from PCHD click on the link that follows: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbcjXbVoo7qHpzctC_GbqJ2UFBmLdqbGFZUU18tV1ZL-jXBw/viewform
Although this does not register you to receive the vaccine, it registers you to receive emailed information about when the vaccine will be available according to the prioririties designated by Governor DeWine and the Ohio Department of Health.
Current PMHA Status
• No Walk-ins. The PMHA office is open for appointments only. Walk-ins are not permitted.
• Recertifications. Recertifications will be completed through mail and email.
• Work Order Requests. Maintenance staff will be working on vacant units and essential work orders including, but not limited to, all electrical, HVAC, pest control and plumbing issues. Maintenance staff must wear face coverings while completing work in units. If we do come to your unit to complete a work order or repair, we ask that you leave the unit or separate yourselves from staff by being in another room in order to limit person to person contact. Routine/non-essential work order requests will be taken and logged; however,
PORTAGE METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
2832 State Route 59, Ravenna, OH 44266
Phone: (330) 297-1489 | Fax: (330) 297-6295 | E-mail: email@example.com | www.portagehousing.org
Page 2 of 3
∙Equal Housing Opportunity∙
during this time, we will be responding only to essential work orders which protect the health and safety of residents and those that pose a threat to the building.
• Cleaning. We are increasing the frequency and scope of cleaning that occurs in the common areas at properties and also at our office.
• Public Housing Rent Payments and Debt Payments. Program participants are asked to submit any payments (rent, debt, etc.) to the housing authority using the online payment portal available through our website. We are working towards transition to all online payments however, until further notice, you can continue to pay rent using the drop box located at the entrance to our office or via mail.
• Community Rooms Closed. All PMHA Community Rooms are closed.
• Cancelled Events. In an effort to encourage social distancing at our properties, PMHA has suspended all programs and events that do not impact the basic needs of our residents, which includes events and gatherings in community spaces, until the end of March. We will reevaluate the situation then.
• Limit Visitors. Please limit visitors to your residence and the building to those that are essential for health and safety reasons.
• Limit Groups. Please limit group interactions in common areas such as the lobbies and including outside of the buildings as much as possible, avoid groups of 10 or more.
• Turning In Paperwork. Paperwork that is being returned to the office can be left in the dropbox outside of the main office. Please write who the paperwork needs to be delivered to before placing it in the box. Forms are available at www.portagehousing.org In addition, forms are available at the entrance to our office.
• Facial Coverings. In accordance with the statewide mask, PMHA requires anyone visiting PMHA offices, living in PMHA residences, or visiting PMHA units to wear a mask or face covering. Facemasks are mandatory in all public spaces including commonly-used areas of residential buildings including but not limited to: elevators, stairwells, hallways, playgrounds, laundry rooms and lobbies. This order mandates that facial coverings be worn at any indoor location in Ohio that is not a residence. It also applies outdoors when at least 6-foot distance can’t be maintained from non-household members, as well as when waiting for, riding, driving or operating public transportation, a taxi, a private car service or ride-sharing vehicle. If you are in need of face coverings, please contact our office.
• Call or Email First. Please utilize telephone or email as the first line of communication. If you have a question, please call or email our staff. If you are unsure who you should contact, please call our office (330.297.1489) so that the Receptionist can connect you with the appropriate person. There is also a staff directory available at www.portagehousing.org
To learn more about how to stay healthy and protect yourself and others, please follow the guidance provided by the CDC using the links that follows.
Facts About COVID-19
What you Need to Know
Symptoms of COVID 19
What to do If You Are Sick